Friday, May 29, 2009

Bouldering Summer 09 by Barry

I have finally got back into climbing this year. Mostly I have been bouldering as time is limited and belayers are hard to coerce to the crag. It is good to get out and pull on some holds with friends and occasionally Lachlan. Lets hope I can share a few more days with Steve, Gav, Dan, Sag and DJ before the year is over. Lachlan's enthusiasm is questionable!

I will try and post regular updates on our trips to the crag but for my first post here is an update of 2009 so far.

We began with lazy afternoons at a disused Quarry down the road. Most problems are about V3 or V4 and there is lots more potential beyond the 40 odd problems we re-discovered. Hope you enjoy the footage from some fun summer evenings.




Once some cooler weather rolled around we headed for some more aesthetic bouldering at the Balkans. The area is close to home and offers 200+ problems from V0-V12. I look forward to climbing here through the winter with Gav, Steve and Dan - in the mean time here is a look at some of the best problems done so far (V4 to V6 range).


No comments:

Post a Comment