Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Climbing at Berowra

I have been doing some climbing at Berowra with Gav. As well as doing some of the old classics we are trying some of the harder lines and looking to establish some new routes. The last week has seen Gav and I both do Are You My Mother (25) and a go very close to redpointing Bill Collins (24) - I feel on the last thin move. We are also working the desperate Daily Grind (25) (the first ascensionist Mike Law says the route is well under graded and is possibly 27), either way it is a worthy climb that will be very hard to finish.

As well as doing some of the old routes we are looking at some new lines. Yesterday Gav got a first ascent up a bouldery new line. We had hoped the route was going to be around 25 but it fell second shot to and ended up being 23, Gav has named it Grumpy Old Men. I got the second ascent a few minutes later.

Gav has bolted another line on the bullet hole wall that should be closer to grade 25 or 26 and I have placed a bolt to link up Glamapous (24) and Are You My Mother (25) , the route should be long and pumpy and take out the ugly moves on both routes to provide a nice sustained rising traverse. I am also keen to check out some desperately thin lines on the Blackboard wall once the weather improves.

No comments:

Post a Comment