Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Latest Bouldering and Climbing

I have been enjoying the cool conditions of Sydney's winter to do some climbing at Berowra and some bouldering at the Balkans and the Fear Factory.

Gav and myself have been doing a few routes down at Berowra, including a couple of first ascents, and hopefully more to come. Gav has completed one new route at grade 23 and is very close to doing a great line on the Bullet Hole wall that will come in at about 26. I have completed a new link-up of a 25 (Are You My Mother) and a 24 (Glamopus), I have graded the link-up at 23 as it by-passes the final crux on AYMM and the start crux on Glamopus. I have my eye on a few other hard lines at the crag and have made up stainless steel U bolts so will try and equip those routes in the coming weeks.

The bouldering has dropped off while I have been doing more climbing. I have had a few sessions at the Balkans and one outing to the Fear Factory. I have manged a few new v4s and v5s and Hollow Mountain Dreaming (v7) (pictured below), but most of my energy has been focused on trying to get some link ups and new problems established.

No comments:

Post a Comment