Sunday, November 22, 2009

Afternoon at the Dams Cliff

With temperatures reaching 42 degrees here yesterday it was a relief to get up to the mountains where it was only high 30s. Conditions weren't ideal for climbing but it was a great opportunity for me to check out a new area (the Dams cliff) and have a go at an old Dave James route called Siesta.

I had arranged to catch-up with Steve L, Adrain and another Steve in the afternoon as I had things to do in the morning. The boys were a little late arriving as they did some routes at Medlow Bath in the morning so I climbed with a German guy and did some easy warm ups. Then we moved onto a 22 and finally Siesta.

Siesta is an awesome line with something for everyone. The route is bouldery with a thin section down low, then some powerful underclinging and finally a long lock after a small roof (photos of the three sections below). We all had a go on at redpointing the route but without success. I look forward to getting down there and trying Siesta again once its cooler and I am a little fitter.

1 comment:

  1. this is a good crag hey. It's been a while :) Thanks for posting these, good memories.

    ReplyDelete