Sunday, June 14, 2009

Bouldering in Perfect Conditions

The last week has seen Sydney hit with cold dry winds from Antarctica - perfect for bouldering! And I have been lucky enough to get some climbing done at the Balkans and at Gavin's local crag in Newcastle. Added to that I was able to go and see the Lee Cossey slideshow, all in all a great week.

Gav and I finally got some dry conditions at the Balkans to do a few of the outstanding projects. Gav and I got up Sloper-dan (V5 pictures above) easily and I managed Aktar, Balme Us Scots and Battle of the Shorts all V6 along with a few V4 and 5s. The highlight (for Karla and Lachlan at least) was winding myself falling of the top of the Flying Gurkha as seen at the end of this video - enjoy.

Looking forward to going climbing in Newcastle tomorrow and working on a new route with Gavin - should be a technical wall if we can link the moves.

1 comment: